Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have received a letter from lance mason solicitors, and

I have received a letter from lance mason solicitors, and because I have failed my instalment arrangement plan they are saying there is no alternative but to withdraw the instalment arrangement. They are saying if the account remains in arrears in 7 days they’re going to proceed with legal proceedings. The full amount is £11,005. Where do I stand with this, I can pay up to date so if I get my account up to date, will they still issue legal proceedings?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colchester Essex
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: So I set up a payment plan, but failed to pay the last 3 months because I assumed the money was coming out of my account.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thank you

Do you accept you are in arrears?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes £450 which I can pay

Ok. Then you should write a letter and pay this.

It would be wholly unreasonable (and a court would agree), if you paid the arrears and they issued proceedings

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is the 2nd time I have fallen into arrears. Will they still offer a payment plan as the letter says the full amount is due immediately and the payment plan is withdrawed
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have sent a photo of the letter

Well it says if you dont pay the ARREARS within 7 days, they will issue.

So I would make it up now. You are then paying the arrears.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thanks I’ll rate

Pleasure