How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask leylashahin Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 262
Type Your Law Question Here...
leylashahin is online now

My dad has just split up from his wife and she has taken all

This answer was rated:

My dad has just split up from his wife and she has taken all his money, which are pensions out of their joint account leaving him with nothing. She has transferred the money into her sisters account. Is there any legal right that my dad has to get the money back?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: so it gets more complicated. It is a british hsbc account but they were living in Spain. She is still there and my dad has returned home
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: she also got my 72 year old dad arrested this week for assault but it was thrown out of court. He flew back to England then realised she had emptied the joint back account which he only contributes to through his pensions
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he has frozen the account
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you with your question. I would be grateful if you would award me with 5 stars so that I can be credited for my time and not the website.
Your father can start divorce proceedings and at the same time apply for a financial settlement. During the financial settlement process, both parties have an obligation to provide full and frank financial disclosure. This is done by providing the last years bank statements. Once this is done, it will be obvious where the money has gone and this money can be off set against any other assets during the split. The court will not be impressed by such actions.
leylashahin and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you