leylashahin
leylashahin,
11825576

My dad has just split up from his wife and she has taken all

My dad has just split up from his wife and she has taken all his money, which are pensions out of their joint account leaving him with nothing. She has transferred the money into her sisters account. Is there any legal right that my dad has to get the money back?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: so it gets more complicated. It is a british hsbc account but they were living in Spain. She is still there and my dad has returned home
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: she also got my 72 year old dad arrested this week for assault but it was thrown out of court. He flew back to England then realised she had emptied the joint back account which he only contributes to through his pensions
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he has frozen the account
Hello my name is Leyla and I will try to help you with your question. I would be grateful if you would award me with 5 stars so that I can be credited for my time and not the website.
Your father can start divorce proceedings and at the same time apply for a financial settlement. During the financial settlement process, both parties have an obligation to provide full and frank financial disclosure. This is done by providing the last years bank statements. Once this is done, it will be obvious where the money has gone and this money can be off set against any other assets during the split. The court will not be impressed by such actions.