How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6924
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I own a property which is managed by estate agents. Because

This answer was rated:

I own a property which is managed by estate agents. Because of the poor service that l received l decided to stop using them at the end of the contract. Which ended end of last month and the tenet paid their rent and has moved out. Now the estate agent are telling me the rent has been paid meanwhile there is no rent paid into the account. I have contacted my bank printed my bank statement and there have been no transaction. Meanwhile the estate agent are insisting paying for the rent.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The property is in Islington
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Emailing them and sending them my bank statement and talking to them on the phone
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My email is***@******.***
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still waiting


If the letting agent has not shown you proof that payment has been made by them to you, you should send them a letter before action asking them for proof of payment or to send payment within 14 days failing which you may take court proceedings against them.

If they fail to act on your letter, you may then file proceedings online at for the rent and the court fees and interest at court rates.

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6924
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have sent me a statement however no money is in the account and they usually pay in arrears do l still continue sending them a letter

Yes, you should continue sending them a letter and filing a court claim if need be.


I accepted your call request but was unable to reach you. Kindly give me a call at your convenience. I have left a message with my number.

Kind regards