UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I own a property which is managed by estate agents. Because

I own a property which is managed by estate agents. Because of the poor service that l received l decided to stop using them at the end of the contract. Which ended end of last month and the tenet paid their rent and has moved out. Now the estate agent are telling me the rent has been paid meanwhile there is no rent paid into the account. I have contacted my bank printed my bank statement and there have been no transaction. Meanwhile the estate agent are insisting paying for the rent.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The property is in Islington
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Emailing them and sending them my bank statement and talking to them on the phone
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My email is [email protected]
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Still waiting

If the letting agent has not shown you proof that payment has been made by them to you, you should send them a letter before action asking them for proof of payment or to send payment within 14 days failing which you may take court proceedings against them.

If they fail to act on your letter, you may then file proceedings online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk for the rent and the court fees and interest at court rates.

May I help further?

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
They have sent me a statement however no money is in the account and they usually pay in arrears do l still continue sending them a letter

Yes, you should continue sending them a letter and filing a court claim if need be.

I accepted your call request but was unable to reach you. Kindly give me a call at your convenience. I have left a message with my number.