How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 23346
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

My ex wife is accusing me for all sort of violence and

This answer was rated:

My ex wife is accusing me for all sort of violence and abuse . I have a fact hearing court coming . I have been abused from her and have some evidence. The cost for the court is phenomenal. Can I have legal aid?
JA: What steps has your ex-wife taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes she did. She issued a non molestation order back in April. I ve been through several family courts and judge asked to reduce the accusations to 8.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex-wife live in?
Customer: DURHAM county. The fact hearing will be at Newcastle
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My solicitor arranged a barrister . Also, I don’t see my kids and not had my personal stuff back

Can you explain the background situation little more please?

I need as much background details you have please.

I need to know what court proceedings are in respect of that you wish to defend?

You also mentioned children but don’t expand.

I am only going to be online sporadically over the weekend so please bear with me if I am delayed getting back to you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Been married 17 years. Have 3 children 17,15 and 12. We had lots of problems during our marriage. Main thing was that she was becoming aggressive and violent towards me when things not done as she wanted. She was hitting me and until 2014 I was engaging into these arguments. Me ex stopped working in 2016 and I had to provide for everything . This was ok in anticipation that she will realise the difficulty and go back to work, but no luck. She was playing the stress card. This year I said enough is enough and I retaliated and strat nit giving money. Then she started accusing me for financial abuse, children abuse, domestic violence etc... she was advised to go for a non domestic mollestation irder and I found myself out of the house. Not seeing the children as she says that they don’t want to see me but I am talking on the phone with them 3 tines a week as per court order. Fact hearing is on the 20/11. I ve already paid £10000 and I will need more. Maybe she is getting legal aid. I wanted to explore this option for me as well as no money left. I accused her as well for domestic violence and financial abuse.she is manipulating children now . These are the highlights of the case but if you need more information please let me know.

This although there is legal aid for her to bring a non-molestation application and an occupation order application, I’m sorry to say that is no legal aid to defend it although there is absolutely no reason why we should not DIY. It isn’t rocket science in all honesty because what happens really depends on the facts and the evidence rather than the legalities.

If you would like to ask specific questions, I will answer those specific questions for you.

Stuart J and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like to find out if there is a way of picking up my belongings from home. Also what she is trying to achieve with that regarding divorce and children?