JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I want to make a claim for damages but 1.there are many

I want to make a claim for damages but
1.there are many defendants
2. There are different damages e.g. legal costs, costs for equipments, applications' preparations, time wasted, distress
How can I do it?

Thanks, so first of all with there being multiple defendants, you cannot use the money claim online site. That only allows for 2 defendants. And it is only for debt actions, not injury claims to include distress and so forth.

You are better off instructing a law firm as it sounds technical and I would not advise doing it yourself.

If you do want to risk doing it yourself then you need :

1. N1 claim form

2. Particulars of claim

3. Schedule of loss

A copy of the above in triplicate (3 copies) sent to County Court Money Claims Centre, PO Box 527, Salford, M5 0BY with the court fee. The fee structure is at page 5 here under "court issued claim" :

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/789201/ex50-eng.pdf

**Please bear in mind that solicitor-client relationships are not permitted on this site, so I cannot act for you nor fill out any forms for you. If you want a solicitor you will need to instruct a law firm who will then formally act for you. Just Answer is a question and answer site only. Thanks**

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It is asked in section 8 of the jr so I should send it to the High Court no?

Yes, you can do - the high court can deal with a claim over a certain value and complexity so this one makes sense to issue it there too