JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

What is the schedule of loss of a claim for damages?

If you have various heads of claim you want to pursue for then the norm is to also include a schedule of loss. This sets out what you are claiming for. It can be provisional at this stage as you will be given the opportunity to finalise it further down the line. It is important as it shows the court how you arrive at your figures.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Something like the statement of facts of the jr?

The statement of facts would go in the particulars of claim - it needs to outline allegations against the wrongdoer. The schedule of loss is simply a list of damages you are claiming.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can list things like:
Paying for legal advice
Equipment
Postal charges (all these special deliveries e.g.)
And
Personal engancement time
Distress
???
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I cannot provide receipts for everything

Yes, in the schedule of loss. If you add in commentary under each of those so the court knows the description and the justification for each claim. You can say "postal charges - unreceipted" for example if you do not have the evidence

Customer: replied 10 days ago.