JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

As there are many defendants in a claim for damages can I in

As there are many defendants in a claim for damages can I in the schedule for losses define charges for each one specifically or alternatively say that the total sum can be divided by their number?

Hi, if they are all liable then you wouldn't need to apportion each one - it would be up to the defendants to admit or deny the claim for damages in their defence. You can define charges for each one though in the schedule - if one particular charge relates to a specific defendant (to avoid any confusion).

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
And if I do not all those found guilty will divide the costs?

Yes, the claim would have to be met by the defendants found to be liable in the claim.