Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My car insurance has been voided after i reported my road

my car insurance has been voided after i reported my road traffic accident
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: this is in the united kingdom, west midlands and no i havent
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: i dont know yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome to JA

Why was your insurance voided and how can help you today

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i had an RTA on tuesday of this week. i contacted my insurance to notify them 30 minutes after it happened. they told me i did not disclose the CU80 conviction i recieved on the previous years policy so this years policy and last years policy has been voided and refunded my policy fee's

Ok

How can I help you regarding your circumstances

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
what would likely happen in this situation? am i likely to end up in court and face prosecution? am i liable personally to pay for damages?

The answer to the first question is unlikely given they have exercised the punishment for failure to disclose such information

The answer to the second question is they can potentially pursue you for any money paid out for the third party damage. However before they do so they will check whether it is worth pursuing you because if you do not have sufficient funds or assets there is chance the insurance will write it off as a bad debt.

Do you understand what I have stated if not please let me know

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
yes i understand. if they decide to pursue me, would i have to stand in court? and is there a specialist type of solicitor i should look into getting to represent me in this matter?

Likely but it will be civil case not criminal. Therefore you will need a solicitor that specializes in road traffic insurance matters.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have a mortgage in my name and my girlfriends name. is that an asset that they would pursue in reclaiming damages? that may be the only asset i own to reclaim damages since my car is worthless after the accident.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
yes i understand what you said

Potentially however before they do so you will be aware of it and that will be your time to seek a solicitor to defend your position

If I have answered your query please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given.

However if you have further questions regarding the answer given please let me know

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you
i think i am ok for now.

Your welcome and have a good day