Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

How is the fee payable to a PPI claims company calculated?

Hi, How is the fee payable to a PPI claims company calculated? Is it based on the gross offer or net offer (after income tax)?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I disputed the initial offer as they tried claiming 33% fees plus 20% VAT plus £10 admin charge. As a result of speaking to one of your colleagues they reduced that to the legal requirement of 24% (as per the July 2018 law changes) maximum without any dispute. However they are charging the fee on the gross value of refund and not the net value
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your message, I believe I was the one that originally advised you, I am afraid they can charge the fee on the gross recovery not net. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.