Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I joined a dating site called True Partner for 1 month but

I joined a dating site called True Partner for 1 month but there was nowhere on the page where I could unsubscribe. I tried contacting them through Messenger but they did not reply.
Then they sent me an email demanding 169 euros.I tried to tell them that I had tried to contact them but they said I still had to pay.
Then I got an 2 emails from solicitors called Ayer Witte Thiel in Munchen which went into my spam folder which I did not see until I was looking for something else.They were now demanding 227 euros. I have replied to 4 emails I have received but have had no reply from them. They are now threatening court action and the bailiffs. What should I do?

Hi thank you for your message, how quickly after you signed up did you try to unsubscribe?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My membership ended at the end of January and I tried to cancel on the 20th
Ok. I would not worry about it. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 they have to act with all reasonable skill and care.
Given what has been written and that they could not let you unsubscribe, they are in breach of this.
Therefore I would not worry about it. They cannot do anything to you here in the Uk.
Even if they issued a small claim it would have to be in the uk and it would cost them more to bring it, than just write it off.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.