ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I reported my husband for stealing something that I

Hi, I reported my husband for stealing something that I eventually found and about the argument there after. So, police are looking for him at the moment. How do reverse this without making myself looking like a fool
Assistant: Have theft charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No, he hasn’t been questioned as yet.
Assistant: Where did the theft occur?
Customer: We recently moved and I had just misplaced them
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have found the stuff though

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I would simply call the police straight away and let them know about your error. I would not let this drag on (even if you feel like a fool) as you could be criticised for wasting police time (which is a criminal offence). So call them now and explain your error. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars for my time.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
How about the domestic part would they follow up on it?!

They may follow that up but in light of his innocence to the theft they may simply drop that also. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

My pleasure.

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​