Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I was caught yesterday for drink driving, no insurance and I

Hi I was caught yesterday for drink driving, no insurance and I have somebody else's name. I have since spoken to the police
JA: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Staffordshire
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've been charged with drink driving and no insurance and was released yesterday. I since looked at the paperwork and I have my brothers name which I have spoken to the police about and they are going to charge me with perverting the course of justice
JA: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi thank you for your message, so in terms of your brothers name did you give this to them?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes I did
I see, yes unfortunately they can also charge with attempting to pervert the course of justice as well by giving a false name. Did you have a query about this?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes with this now what is my best way to proceed, I need to go back to them and turn myself in for this
Hi thank you for your message, when you gave your brothers name had you already been arrested and cautioned? By cautioned I mean where the police say you are under arrest, you do not have to say anything but anything you do say may be taken down and given in evidence in a court of law?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I gave it before I was arrested
Hi thank you for your message, therefore that is an argument in your favour you can try to argue that this should not be used against you because you have this name before you were informed of your rights. You should also get a criminal solicitor to do this Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case crime. You can filter the results by legal aid for free legal advice. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you very much for your advice