Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I went through a divorce in 2013 and can’t find a copy of my

Hello Pearl, I went through a divorce in 2013 and can’t find a copy of my decree absolute. How do I go about getting a copy. I know the court but don’t have the case number ***** Nor can I find anything to do with it
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: It’s all be finalised but as I’m planning on getting married next year I need a copy of my decree absolute
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Guildford
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have sent them an email but I’ve had no correspondence.
Hi thank you for your message, If you know which court issued the decree absolute or final order, you can ask them to search their records. It costs £45 to search a 10 year period.

Give the court the date you think the case happened. The court will search 5 years of records either side of that date.
If you cannot give them a date, the court will search the last 10 years of records.
Send an email or letter to the court with your name and address, and how you want to pay.
You can by cheque or postal order made payable to ‘HM Courts & Tribunals Service’ or pay by credit or debit card by Including your phone number in your email or letter. The court will call you to take your payment.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.