Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I want to request a mandatory injunction in the County Court

I want to request a mandatory injunction in the County Court against three separate defendants, who have all contributed to a building error that I want rectified.Can I issue a joint claim
1) to avoid the cost of three separate court fees,
2) to save the time involved
3) so that the same judge can decide blame when/if one starts blaming the other two.
Hi thank you for your message, yes you can just add all three defendants. The court will accept this provided all three defendants are sufficiently involved in the same complaint to justify them all being dealt with in the same case. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for that.
If the judge decides an injunction will not be granted against, say just one of them, does that effectively mean I have lost the case against that defendant and are liable for his costs?

Also, I want to display several Word /Powerpoint pages that I have made up, while I am cross examining the witnesses - am I obliged to disclose those beforehand?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am ok to continue by email for now.

Hi thank you for your message, an injunction is intended as a temporary measure until a final hearing can take place therefore you will not have lost the case but that stage i.e, the injunction. In terms of costs, the defendant can ask for their costs to be paid for defending their case however, this is not commonly awarded in cases where it is an individual against a company. In terms of powerpoint/word documents, you will be asked to disclose documents you are going to rely on so if you are going to use these in court and ask for them to be projected in court you will need to disclose these. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I may well need to speak by phone next week, but will have to prepare the things I need to talk about. Is the £44 for just one phone call?
I originally sent in an N16A for one defendant (Cardiff City Council) and a hearing was set for a week's time (1 Nov).
At the hearing the Council said I had sent in the wrong form and no Particulars of Claim, even though I sent in a detailed witness statement.
Additionally, they said that they were not the ones I should be seeking an injunction from.
The judge agreed I had sent the wrong forms but did not say I HAD to claim against others. He suggested I seek legal advice.
The judge gave me until Friday 29 November to seek legal advice and present the correct forms to the court by 4PM on the 29th.
What are the numbers of the correct Application Form and Particulars of Claim Form?

Hi thank you for your message, it is form N1 available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7

The particulars of claim is what you can set out on the claim form in essence this is where you set out the details of the claim.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I will speak with you by phone next week.
1. How/ where /what do I do to set up the phone call?
2. How do I send you 1 photo and a brief timeline, so that you know already know, before the call, what each of the defendants did?

Hi thank you for your message, I am afraid that I do not do calls through this service. You can however, speak to another expert to do this you will need to post a new question and you can then request a phone call at the bottom of your screen. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.