SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My son has split up with his fiancee, they have 2 children

My son has split up with his fiancee, they have 2 children and she is not letting him take the kids out on his own, we are not sure if the oldest boy is his and my son is not on the birth certificate. Please can you advise as to the steps we should take to get this resolved. He is also paying her £53.94 a week.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Chatteris in Cambridgeshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I dont thing so

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

What is it that you wish to resolve as you refer to not being on a birth certificate and finances?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I need to make sure that I am the eldest boys father, and too see the boys on my own, and too find out how much money I should be paying
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please can you let me know what steps I need too take to get this sorted out

To find out whether the oldest child is yours you will need to ask the mother for her permission to have him DNA tested. If she refuses, your options are a) to go to court - or b) object to the child maintenance service that you are paying for a child which you believe is not yours - they are likely to order testing.

In relation to child maintenance, you can check your minimum payments by completing the online calculator here: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-child-maintenance

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for you assistance

You're very welcome.

Please do take a moment to rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for assisting you today. THank you.