How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3554
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

How can I take out protection injunction against a person

This answer was rated:

How can I take out protection injunction against a person
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England Leicester
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None just reported the person to police for threatening behaviour
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much does it cost
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Okay
Hi thank you for your message,
Is this someone harassing you? You mentioned you reported this to the police do you know if they have arrested the person?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No just reported the person nothing has been done yet the police hasn’t come back to me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wanted to find out how I can take out an injunction against the person to stop them coming near me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They have threatened to burn our home
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
So I am scared
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to know when you are going to respond

Hi thank you for your message, the police can put a bail condition on the person so they cannot come near you whilst the crime is being investigated. That said, if you are particularly concerned then you can bring a civil court action for harassment, the court can make an order or injunction that the person harassing you must stop their behaviour. If they don’t stop harassing you after the court has made an injunction against them, it's a criminal offence and they can be prosecuted in the criminal courts. You can also ask the court for compensation if you’ve suffered financial or emotional loss - for example, if the harassment has made you feel very anxious or distressed. That said, you should engage a solicitor to aid you in this, with this in mind you should use the find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case family and relationships. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you