Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

How can I take out protection injunction against a person

Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England Leicester
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None just reported the person to police for threatening behaviour
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much does it cost
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Okay
Hi thank you for your message,
Is this someone harassing you? You mentioned you reported this to the police do you know if they have arrested the person?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No just reported the person nothing has been done yet the police hasn’t come back to me
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I wanted to find out how I can take out an injunction against the person to stop them coming near me
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
They have threatened to burn our home
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
So I am scared
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I need to know when you are going to respond

Hi thank you for your message, the police can put a bail condition on the person so they cannot come near you whilst the crime is being investigated. That said, if you are particularly concerned then you can bring a civil court action for harassment, the court can make an order or injunction that the person harassing you must stop their behaviour. If they don’t stop harassing you after the court has made an injunction against them, it's a criminal offence and they can be prosecuted in the criminal courts. You can also ask the court for compensation if you’ve suffered financial or emotional loss - for example, if the harassment has made you feel very anxious or distressed. That said, you should engage a solicitor to aid you in this, with this in mind you should use the find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case family and relationships. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.