chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Im looking to open the restaurant, looking for advise, kent,

Hi, Im looking to open the restaurant , looking for advise
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: found property already working cafe, want to make it restaurant and buy existing company with licenses
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, i want to find out if I can take over all existing licenses or i need to do mine owns? such as alcohol license etc.

Thank you for your query. You woud need to apply for the licences to be transferred. You would need to meet the requirements of the local authority and if you are deemed to be a fit and proper person, the licence will be transferred.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
would you be able to help me with all legal requirements when opening the restaurant? step by step with opening?
If Im buying existing business I need to transfer existing licences even if the company is the same, but only owner(s) are changing? would it be more efficient to open the new company and transfer all licenses there? is it possible? what licenses do I need to have before opening the restaurant and how can I get these? do you know cost of licenses? how long I need to wait?

Where are you based?

We cannot act for customers through the site. If you wish to instruct me directly, you would have to contact my firm. The web address is: www.chathamchambers.co.uk

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.