chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

How do I go about applying for a visa to move from the UK to

How do I go about applying for a visa to move from the UK to go and live in the Philippines I wish to marry a Philippino girl
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't done anything yet no paperwork filled with the UK government I live in Wales born and breed in Wales UK citizen
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your query. Would you still like assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes I would
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No can you just tell me what I have to do please

Is the girl you wish to marry currently resident in the Philippines?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes she is

You will first have to travel to the Philippines and get married. In order to do this, you will need to obtain a certificate of no impediment from your local registry office. Once you have this, you would be able to travel to Philippines and get married.

Once married, you will be able to apply for a residence permit. Details of how to do so and the documents required can be found at the following link: https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/consular/visa/residence-visa-for-spouse-of-a-filipino-citizen/

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I'm separated not divorced so I can't marry her but we wish to live together as common in law husband and wife

There isn't a category of Visa I can see that is available for unmarried partners.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
So what type of visa do I need to get to live in the Philippines and how do I apply for the visa what type of information do I need to provide and how much does it cost please

You can only apply for a visitors Visa or a work visa. There is no category for unmarried partners.

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
How long does a work visa last

Any foreign national wishing to work in the Philippines must obtain a valid work visa, called the 9(G) visa. This should be arranged before starting employment in the country.

A 9(G) visa allows foreigners to enter the Philippines to engage in a lawful occupation. In general, it must be shown that the services of the foreigner are indispensable to the management, operation, administration or control of local or locally based firms. Companies must petition for their employees to obtain this visa.

If the duration of the assignment is less than six months, a Special Work Permit application may be submitted to the authorities. If the assignment is for more than six months, the assignee may apply either in the Philippines or via a Philippines consulate. An application for a separate Philippines Alien Employment Permit (ACR) is required in addition to the principal work visa application. This is not a travel document; it is issued by the Philippines Department of Labour and Employment.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
If I want to live in the Philippines how would I go about it

You would have to apply for a Visa which would lead to naturalisation.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Where would I get this visa

Philippines Embassy in London.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

It's a pleasure.

Good Luck!