UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I purchased a new car on finance but changed owner ship as I

I purchased a new car on finance but changed owner ship as I was going away on holiday, i realised later that i cant do that . I changed it back to my name but now the car has 3 owners. I am ending my contact now will it be an issue as I was not allowed to do so?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

They may or may not raise this. If they do raise it, you should simply explain to that it was done in error as you did not realise the restriction against changing ownership and that you changed it back to you as soon as you realised the restriction.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If they cause me issues in regards to giving the car back or try to charge me what can I do or should to from a legal standpoint.

You are technically in breach of your finance agreement by changing ownership so you will need to try and discuss an amicable solution with them.

Please click on 5 stars