Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

If I have a fine from London collection and compliance

If I have a fine from London collection and compliance centre will this affect my application for a British passport
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the uk
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: in London and I haven’t filled any papers
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing wlse
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The fine is showing on my payslip because money is being deducted from my wages, I did not know I was being fined
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm are there any criminal investigations against you?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I just have a fine from using the wrong Oyster card on the bus in December last year
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I didn’t receive any letters just a fine in my payslip deducting money
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don’t have any criminal investigation

Hi, thank you for your message. If you do not have a criminal investigation against you then you will be fine applying for citizenship.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So the deduction of my wages shown on my payslip by the court won’t hurt my application for naturalisation?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m not a British nalitionality im trying to get one
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This would not hurt the process right?

No it should not. They are more concerned about criminal records which you have to disclose. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.