How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14900
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

If I ask a barrister to write my particular Of claim how

This answer was rated:

if I ask a barrister to write my particular Of claim how long should they take
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have taken no steps
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the barrister took 15 weeks to complete a two page particular of claim is that normal


Thank you for your query. Particulars of Claim should not take more than a couple of days and in any event, definitely no more that 15 working hours. Especially if the document is no more than 2 pages.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

many thanks

INC Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If my barrister took more than 15 weeks can I make a complaint and raise it with legal ombudsman as it means my court case is delayed by 13 weeks and I will loose my compensation for 13 weeks


You will first need to make a complaint to the Bar Standards Board. If you do not get a satisfactory response to your complaint, you should then escalate the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should I ask my lawyer who appointed the barrister to make the complaint or should I can make the complaint myself

Please see answer in other thread