chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

If I ask a barrister to write my particular Of claim how

if I ask a barrister to write my particular Of claim how long should they take
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have taken no steps
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the barrister took 15 weeks to complete a two page particular of claim is that normal

Thank you for your query. Particulars of Claim should not take more than a couple of days and in any event, definitely no more that 15 working hours. Especially if the document is no more than 2 pages.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

many thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If my barrister took more than 15 weeks can I make a complaint and raise it with legal ombudsman as it means my court case is delayed by 13 weeks and I will loose my compensation for 13 weeks

You will first need to make a complaint to the Bar Standards Board. If you do not get a satisfactory response to your complaint, you should then escalate the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Should I ask my lawyer who appointed the barrister to make the complaint or should I can make the complaint myself

Please see answer in other thread