chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My son had an operation and the surgeon wrote that this was

My son had an operation and the surgeon wrote that this was neglected wound. I had taken my son to hospital several times but I didn’t get treatment is there a case for medical negligence here
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My son was diagnosed with pilonidal sinus but as it was left long it developed into Fistula which is far more complex his operation was for fistula but he had so much infection they had to delay the fistula treatment and the surgeon wrote this was neglected wound.
We had been complaining for long and the procedure was delayed continuously.

Hi'

Thank you for your query. Had yoir son visited a GP or hoslital prior to the procedure and did nkt receive adequate treatment?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
we had taken him to the GP who had referred to hospital for emergency couple of times but the hospital seemed very complacent we did tell the hospital that the child is in a lot of pain and his infection is leaking a lot but they delayed the operation once and kept saying it wasn’t urgent. However after the operation today the surgeon wrote this was a neglected wound as the infection had spread.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My son was leaking infection to the point his trousers used to get wet in school from back

Thank you for the clarification. Based on the limited information you have provided, there definitely seems to ne a potential actijn for medical negligence.

You would be best served instructing a no win no fee medical negligence solicitor to deal with this matter for you.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is there any no win no fees lawyer you would recommend. As there are so many.

Hi'

I would suggest Slater and Gordon as they are one of the more well onown ones.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I got some advice from Just Answer expert consultant pediatrician about neglected wound he wrote

When a would gets infected and does not heal within 7-10 days, the lesion drags on and if no immediate procedure is done, the festering wound is called neglected wound where persons concerned let nature take its course, and did not intervene in reasonable time to hasten cure.

Should we be talking this case forward for medical negligence?

It is definitely worth pursuing