Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My student son was fined 600 Euros in berlin for riding an e

My student son was fined 600 Euros in berlin for riding an e scooter whilst over the limit.This has been paid but the police now want his driving licence.Yo have an endorsement at this time of his life-he is 18- would be a disaster.You can drive these scooters at 14 years old in Germany,so do not need a licence.What should he do?
JA: Has your student's son talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your student's son live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: He lives in the UK and the offence was in Germany
JA: What steps has your student's son taken so far?
Customer: MY son - the student- has not taken any action apart from paying the 600 Euro fine
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your message, he has a UK driving licence?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
yes

Hi thank you for your message, I would advise that the best course of action is to hand this over however, if you are particularly concerned you will need to engage a lawyer in Germany. I am sorry I cannot be more use but I am not qualified in Germany so cannot advise further. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.