How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3652
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Lived with partner for 2 year's in his house (he owns it) we

This answer was rated:

Lived with partner for 2 year's in his house (he owns it) we also have a 2 year old together. He wants to finish the relationship and move out. I have no where to go
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing at the moment. I really don't know where to start
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: In norfolk
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I have any rights to stay in the house

Hi thank you for your message, are you married?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, have you been subject to domestic violence whilst together?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No there has not
Hi thank you for your message, apologies for the delay in replying unfortunately you do not have a right to stay in the property. You should contact your council and they may be able to house you. In terms of the future, if you have contributed to the mortgage or substantial improvements to the property you might be able to claim a share in the house. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you