Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Lived with partner for 2 year's in his house (he owns it) we

Lived with partner for 2 year's in his house (he owns it) we also have a 2 year old together. He wants to finish the relationship and move out. I have no where to go
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing at the moment. I really don't know where to start
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: In norfolk
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I have any rights to stay in the house

Hi thank you for your message, are you married?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No

Hi thank you for your message, have you been subject to domestic violence whilst together?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
No there has not
Hi thank you for your message, apologies for the delay in replying unfortunately you do not have a right to stay in the property. You should contact your council and they may be able to house you. In terms of the future, if you have contributed to the mortgage or substantial improvements to the property you might be able to claim a share in the house. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.