How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14904
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I am being accused of stealing a cat and of being

This answer was rated:

Hello. I am being accused of stealing a cat and of being intimidating and bullying someone. I have done none of these things and can prove it. I have been messaged and told that someone is going to tell everyone in the area where I live that I steal cats and that they should not let their cats out. The police refuse to help me and I don’t know what to do.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wiltshire UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just called the police but been told it’s a civil matter and they can’t help
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have evidence that I didn’t do any of these things


Thank you for your query. Who is saying all of these things about you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A woman who runs a lost and found pets page on Facebook


Has she said this to other people or mentioned it in the Facebook page?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She hasn’t publicly said it yet, just sent me a message telling me that she’s going to tell everyone where I live


Okay, if this is all she has done at this stage, I would suggest that you threaten her with legal action for defamation if she does not case from making comments about you.

Hopefully this should do the trick. If it does lt, it may be worth instructing a local solicitor to write to her on your behalf.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

INC Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help.

It's a pleasure.

Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Many thanks