chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am being accused of stealing a cat and of being

Hello. I am being accused of stealing a cat and of being intimidating and bullying someone. I have done none of these things and can prove it. I have been messaged and told that someone is going to tell everyone in the area where I live that I steal cats and that they should not let their cats out. The police refuse to help me and I don’t know what to do.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wiltshire UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just called the police but been told it’s a civil matter and they can’t help
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have evidence that I didn’t do any of these things

Thank you for your query. Who is saying all of these things about you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
A woman who runs a lost and found pets page on Facebook

Has she said this to other people or mentioned it in the Facebook page?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She hasn’t publicly said it yet, just sent me a message telling me that she’s going to tell everyone where I live

Okay, if this is all she has done at this stage, I would suggest that you threaten her with legal action for defamation if she does not case from making comments about you.

Hopefully this should do the trick. If it does lt, it may be worth instructing a local solicitor to write to her on your behalf.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help.

It's a pleasure.

Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.