12826847

I am a double glazing firm, I have fitted a door for a

I am a double glazing firm , I have fitted a door for a customer, she first had a rock door which was bowed , so I exchange for another door and then she was not happy with this door saying it was drafty etc , so eventually after going out several times I agreed to fit another door but from a different manufacturer solidoor and she then still complained there was a draft etc so the manufacturer came out and did a survey and after a few adjustments the said the door was in working order , she says she is still not happy and has taken us to the small claims court for a full refund!! But I want to know if I agree to a full refund now can I take my door back as I know there is nothing wrong with it , but need to get this sorted out . ???
Assistant: What confuses you?
Customer: Just wanted to know was I in my right to take the door back ?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxfordshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: emails have been sent and she is just so unreasonable that we as a good firm of 15 years never ever had a problem want it resolved and if we can have our door back and just refund the full money that would finish this .
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks , I have lots more but that is all I want to know

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What is wrong with the door in her view?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She says it’s unfit for purpose but this one was only in for two weeks and the manufacturer said to give it 6weeks but she refused they came out and did some minor adjustments and then sent us a email to say everything was in working order .

Ok but why does she says it is unfit for purpose?

What is her specific complaint?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
A draft!!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But she said this about the one I fitted from rockdoor a different manufacturer! So I really feel she just wants the money and keep the door which I don’t want even though I would have lost nearly £3.000
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do I wait for your response? Sorry never done this before

Thanks for the information

A draft would be a legitimate complaint but that is nothing to do with the door. That is to do with the fit and can be fairly easily rehung.

The chances of a full refund are not high if it can be resolved easily with fresh work unless she is saying that she cannot trust you to do the work.

She will have to prove her complaint though. Only to the civil standard but nevertheless.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We have had several people out to this and they can honestly say there are no draft and she has been ok for me to go back and fit 3doors , I just want to let her have her refund and let someone else deal with her as she is impossible to please so I just need to know if I offer a full refund can I tell her I want to take the door back and let another company fit her a door ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This has been going on for a year nearly now so I hope you can understand my frustration
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am a highly recommended trades man and have some excellent reviews over my years of trading

Then this is just a simple challenge over facts.

Some people can't be pleased I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So can I legally take my door back ? After the refund?

If she is given a full refund then you could ask for the return of the door.

I doubt that she will get a refund though.