ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Due to a conversation between my grandson's school

Due to a conversation between my grandson's school headmistress and my grandson's mother, my son has been stopped from having access to his son. Initially my son telephoned the headmistress to ask if she had recommended this course of action - she wouldn't say yes or no. This meant my son and our family haven't had access for nearly six months.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: my son implemented mediation which failed and we are now due to go to court for access in December.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: in the meantime further acts have happened with the school, so we are in the throes of trying to make a complaint against the headteacher but are being thwarted at every turn. The latest letter states that as the headmistress has left the school they are not able to conduct an investigation!! Surely if the treatment the headmistress handed out was when she was in the employ of their organisation something can be done - after all, what is to stop her acting this way in the future?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my son has spoken with Cafcas who said the school have no authority to stop him seeing his son as there is not injunction of any kind against him. So he is looking to contact the school this week and ask to see his son for 10/15 minutes - what do you think?

Is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no - we had regular access prior to the action of the school - he has done mediation, paid for both parties - and now has a court hearing in December
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
So we've been in correspondence with the school - one for sight of our grandson's school record under GDPR and for the correct process to make a formal complaint against the headmistress. Our weekly emails/letters began in September following an incident in the school playground, where my son went to the school at leaving time to say hello to his son, whereupon the headmistress together with a security guard came out and asked him to leave as he was upsetting the mother. All our correspondence as been to find out why this happened? So far we have been sent half the school report with a letter saying we can't see the rest due to safeguarding issues!! With regrd to making a complaint against the headmistress and the correct process, the very latest letter from the assistant director is that the headmistress has left and so basically they can't investigate, so nothing they can do. THis is beyond belief, surely someone in their employ at the time of the event is responsible for their actions? Is there anyone there?