How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16671
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I need help regarding to sue a

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need help regarding to sue a salon
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Spoke to salon they denying the fact they caused it but i know its the treatment i had which has caused my face to get white and black patches
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had good skin before hand.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had a microneedling done on my face nearlly 2 weeks ago it was my first time i did not know anything about the treatment and it was there job to do a consultation but they did not. After few days my face turned colour in to white and dark patches i cant even look at myself i had beautifull skin. I spoke to the salon and they denying the fact
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I suffer from anxiety and depression and this matter is making me ever more depreased

Ok. You want to sue for compensation? I don’t think you would get more than £50,000

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Whats the procedure and what other options i have please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cant go out and ive also lost my confidence just over a treatment. I went to a skin specialist and they said the reason your face is the way it is,is because of the treatment you went through
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long will a reply take

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

As I have said, I dont think you can claim more than £50,000 or so.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But if she does give me a refund i will still not get my face back from the damage shes caused

You can still sue for damages.

I think you have a good claim.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can still sue even if they refund me


Does that assist?