How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14156
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Can I email documents and a letter to a magistrate’s court

This answer was rated:

Hi can I email documents and a letter to a magistrate’s court before my hearing for the legal team to have a look at.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Derbyshire Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: It’s a very complicated story really it’s regarding a Notice of Intended Prosecution
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Whose legal team?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry what do u mean

You said "can I email documents and a letter to a magistrate’s court before my hearing for the legal team to have a look at"

Whose legal team are you referring to?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The courts league team

But the Court will not give you advice. You have to take your own advice.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I spoke to the court and I needed to send them information regarding the hearing and the case because I don’t want to attend court.

Oh I see. You want to submit a plea by email is that right?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Got you. Yes you can email documents. They should really be sent in the post but if you are too late for that you will have to email.

Remember to include plea form, any mitigation and your income/expenses as any fine is based on that.

But yes, email if you can't submit in time.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi my name is Mohammed fraz.I have a car on business lease in my name. The case is for a speeding fine which I received in July.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Now iv been sent a court hearing for January because they are saying you have responded late with information about the driver who was driving on the day of the offence.

Ok. What is it you want to ask me?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But I have said to them I didn’t send the post by recorded delivery so I have no proof of sending it on time. But I do have photo copy of everything and the date I sent it.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I basically want to ask you can I get a answer from the court before my hearing

No. The Court will just consider your plea.

If its guilty, it will sentence.

If its not guilty, it will set down for trial.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The other issue is that the driver was not name or my partner is my was a worker who doesn’t work for us anymore and we can’t get hold of him.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The driver was a worker that worked for us and now he’s not working for us anymore and we can’t get hold of him. I don’t want to waste my time in court if I can’t prove he was driving or prove if I sent my documents on time can I plea guilty before the hearing instead because I presume if I lose the case I will be held responsible

Ok, but the Court will either the sentence or set down for trial.

It will not enter into protracted correspondence.

They are not the ones prosecuting

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you clarify please thanks

Clarify what exactly for you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Plus if I do send a guilty plea in the email do I have attend court

No, not unless the Court requires you to attend a later date.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I send a guilty plea in the email before my hearing then this means and not attend court


Does that help?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m really thankful for your answers I have never been to court and this unfortunate issue has been very stressful for me and my partner
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If I do send a guilty plea what would normally be the outcome do you have an idea. For a speeding fine
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There are 2 charges one for speeding and the second for failing to name a driver in time

Yes, send by post/email.

I have no idea what the outcome is.

But I would think points and a fine.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m scared that I might be jailed for this stupid mistake

Impossible, not imprisonable offence.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou it would be a lot easier if I could get hold of the driver who was driving at that time but I have tried and I can’t get hold of him he has moved from where he lived and changed his number

Can I assist with anything else tonight?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou so much for your help

All the best. If I could invite you to rate me 5 stars before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Jamie I don’t think I told you that my initial plea was not guilty because I wasent the driver but now this has gone to a hearing with all the misunderstandings and everything.

Can I change my plea Too guilty before the hearing via email and don’t attend court. If so what is the procedure thanks.

Yes you can.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
So do I go online and fill the forms out again or write to them explaining everything before I make my change.

Write and say you have changed your mind

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok but shall I explain what ha happened and why thier have been delays and so on


Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanku again will they appreciate my decision not to come court because I have gone guilty.