How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6453
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I think I can get annulled but proving that he had an STI

This answer was rated:

I think I can get annulled but proving that he had an STI might be difficult
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Portsmouth
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Ive left him, seeked advised from CAB
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He might won't want me getting hold of his medical files, he had the latern stage of syphilis
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need help getting annulled

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How can I assist you with this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Im wondering how I can get evidence proving my ex had an STI when we got married so I can get an annulment
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My name is***** you for helping

OK - what evidence do have have currently and how do you know he had an STI?

When did you get married?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We got married 7th November 2015, in june 2017 he told me he had syphilis & it was the latern stage meaning it he'd had it 3-5years. He then went on to cheat on me and kick me out of the army quarters we lived in

OK, so technically it's possible to apply for annulment but you would need him to disclose medical records as proof if he denies the allegation. Is there any reason you don't want to simply apply for divorce? You have been separated for over 2 years and he would presumably not contest this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We split this year in March. I want the marriage be annulled as it shouldn't of happened. Would he be able reject disclosing medical evidence?

OK. I would suggest that the court can order disclosure if it is denied/ refused. I suppose that the key is that you are certain he was being truthful about this. If so, then you could go down this route. If not, you would have grounds for unreasonable behaviour anyway to file now for divorce.

Can I clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where should i go to carry on with an annulment

Of course - see here for the link to the court forms:

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you