How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Two people set up a business one iligible for grant the

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hello. Two people set up a business one iligible for grant the other was to manage it. a document was produced by the manager!! for a working agreement this was not accepted or signed so he produced invoices every month and was paid in full .Years later he raised a action for none payment in line with his un signed agreement document. This was after the business was sold to a limited company which he also singed saying there was no dete owing to any person etc and it was witnessed.
JA: Where is he? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: What is the value of paper with no signatures.
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: He would dropped the case if his expenses was paid so 5 years later and £11.000 it was over. I would like compensation for the distress and money.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think my lawyer was not smart in dealing with this as the claim was based on a document with no signatures.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm did you do any business in accordance with the unsigned document?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the business went forward but it was not full time just paid on hours worked part time so I would say not to the letter of the document.

Hi, thank you for your message. I need to make sure I understand. Are you claiming he owes you money? And if so, why do you believe he owes you money?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi He dose not owe me any money.With the limited company working the business he was no longer required. The clam was for before the ltd company took over ie the document I dismissed outright and did not sign he was then paid on monthly invoices in full.What I want to know can a document with no signatures be used to rase a clam aganst me. He also signed when the ltd company took over that the former business owed no money what so ever and was witnessed in the lawers office. The company took over all arrangements etc as if it was at the very start this is what he signed in the office. So how can one get a claim rased on lies.
So I would like a independent view on the facts un signed doc and signed docs .Regards ***** *****

Hi, thank you for your message. No the unsigned document cannot be used to make a claim against you, unless you acted in accordance with the contract. He may argue that although the contract was not signed there was an oral agreement in place. However, he will need very strong evidence to bring this claim forward and from what you have explained above his claim is very unlikely to stand. Moreover, as he has signed an agreement stating there is no money owed he cannot make a claim for money. If you would like to take the matter further you will need to find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor site here: you will be able to search by area and expertise.

I understand you were unhappy with your previous solicitor so I would recommend that you instruct a new solicitor who may be able to understand your claim better.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Joy Nicholas and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you