How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1099
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

What shoud i do to deled my criminal record( fraud) i was

This answer was rated:

Hi, what shoud i do to deled my criminal record( fraud) i was convincted to 8 months whit suspension and 18 months trial period
Assistant: Have fraud charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Is was 3 years ago
Assistant: Where did the fraud occur?
Customer: London
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ed

It depends on the nature and severity of the offence but generally if the person applying for a DBS disclosure was over the age of 18 when they committed the criminal offence, then they are regarded as an adult and the offence will only be filtered from their check if:

• More than 11 years have passed since the conviction

• The applicant didn’t go to prison

• The applicant hasn’t committed a crime since

• The crime committed does not appear on the list relevant to safeguarding

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is clear now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks

If you had a fraud conviction with a suspended sentence, it will probably be unspent after just three years.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

Kind regards


Ed Turner and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you