How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 355
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

A rival website has put in a false copyright claim against

Customer Question

A rival website has put in a false copyright claim against my website and it has been removed from Google whilst they investigate. Can I take them to court for loss of earnings?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 13 days ago.

Hello welcome to Just Answer. Please be aware this is not a chat service so there may be delays in responding.

You can take anyone to court for loss of earnings, all you need is evidence that the other party’s actions has directly caused you to lose income.

However court is a last resort for any dispute so in the first instance the court would like to see that both parties have taken steps to attempt to resolve the issue so you will also need to do this by writing/speaking to them first. If matters cannot be resolved, then you should proceed to take them to court.

I hope I have assisted you today. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating, thank you. John.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 7 days ago.

Hello please provide a rating so I may close the thread, thank you.