UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

A rival website has put in a false copyright claim against

Customer Question

A rival website has put in a false copyright claim against my website and it has been removed from Google whilst they investigate. Can I take them to court for loss of earnings?
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 13 days ago.

Hello welcome to Just Answer. Please be aware this is not a chat service so there may be delays in responding.

You can take anyone to court for loss of earnings, all you need is evidence that the other party’s actions has directly caused you to lose income.

However court is a last resort for any dispute so in the first instance the court would like to see that both parties have taken steps to attempt to resolve the issue so you will also need to do this by writing/speaking to them first. If matters cannot be resolved, then you should proceed to take them to court.

I hope I have assisted you today. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating, thank you. John.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 7 days ago.

Hello please provide a rating so I may close the thread, thank you.