LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

Can you help advise me on problems with bulders? I live in

Hi can you help advise me on problems with bulders ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Birmingham, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I paid £4800 deposit to a builder who after 10 wks has left my home wrecked because work carried out is not done properly The builder paid back £1000 but still owes me £3800
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have learnt now that the person is a convicted criminal who has defrauded people in the past

If the builder still owes you money, you may wish to consider issuing legal proceedings against him. Before doing so, you should write to him demanding return of this payment otherwise you shall a Claim against him in the County Court. This is called a Letter Before Action.

Please see the link below on how to go about making a claim as well as a template to use to draft a Letter Before Action:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

Does that cover your query this evening? :)

??

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you

It's a pleasure.

I would be grateful for a positive rating at the top of your screen for my time. It is important to leave a rating as is how Experts are are credited for their time.

All the best.

-LN