ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Advocate
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

I have been unfairly dismissed by my employer, Nandos, and

Customer Question

I have been unfairly dismissed by my employer, Nandos, and also my character has been defamed. This has caused me a lot of unnecessary stress and I wish to take Nandos to court. Can I use the small claims court?
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have appealed the decision and Nandos have closed ranks, and dismissed the appeal, even though I have evidence to show that not only have they lied, but that they have deliberately targeted me.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I do not belong to a union and was employed by Nandos for approximately 9 months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you able to assist?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would rather a written response
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

The small claims court would not be the route to take if you feel that you have been wrongfully dismissed.

Before starting a court action, the court requires that you first contact ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) provides free and impartial information and advice to persons like yourself who have employment related complaints. They will be able to advise on the likelihood of you making a successful claim and where appropriate negotiate on your behalf.

Please see below link to their services:

https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1342

Employment related issues are time sensitive so you must act quickly.

I hope I have clarified things for you. Kindly take the time to rate the services received. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Best wishes

RL