How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1577
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I have been unfairly dismissed by my employer, Nandos, and

Customer Question

I have been unfairly dismissed by my employer, Nandos, and also my character has been defamed. This has caused me a lot of unnecessary stress and I wish to take Nandos to court. Can I use the small claims court?
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have appealed the decision and Nandos have closed ranks, and dismissed the appeal, even though I have evidence to show that not only have they lied, but that they have deliberately targeted me.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I do not belong to a union and was employed by Nandos for approximately 9 months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you able to assist?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would rather a written response
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.

The small claims court would not be the route to take if you feel that you have been wrongfully dismissed.

Before starting a court action, the court requires that you first contact ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) provides free and impartial information and advice to persons like yourself who have employment related complaints. They will be able to advise on the likelihood of you making a successful claim and where appropriate negotiate on your behalf.

Please see below link to their services:

Employment related issues are time sensitive so you must act quickly.

I hope I have clarified things for you. Kindly take the time to rate the services received. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Best wishes