12826847

I would like to know if there is any low that hallowed

Customer Question

Hi I would like to know if there is any low that hallowed someone to watch you while you’re using your toilet
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Swindon
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I don’t know what steps to take
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know what would give them the right to do that
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What legal steps can I take to help my self
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

It will obviously depend on the circumstances. You might need to give me more information.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
These people move in on apartments above my head the stampede on my head they’re monitoring my everyday move even when I’m in the toilet and I can tell because the walls are poor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

how do you know they are monitoring you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What law crimes would permit them to do so. I don’t know because I’m not doing anything to anyone but probably my self
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Thank you. It rather depends what they are doing. If it is just that they are aware of your movements because the walls are thin then that isn't an offence I'm afraid.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

You might have to tell what specifically they are doing ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I heard them respond to things I deliberately did to hear them as I say the wall or poor I can hear them now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

That isn't an offence I'm afraid. It is a bit rude but not a crime. Sorry if that is bad news. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It’s okay for someone say not me to be watched in there toilet what circumstances would require that please just so I understand the law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

you didn't say that they were watching you in the toilet. What is the evidence for that? how would they be able to do that?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what authority would have the right to do that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

They wouldn't have the right to do that but is there any evidence that they have ? That would an offence of voyeurism unless I suppose it were entirely accidental. But that only involves watching. That wouldn't include hearing.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can clearly hear them saying he is just about to wipe him self he is covering him self because he knows we’re watching. I can hear everything they say they keep mentioning my name where is Timoy he is on is sofa is he touching him self. I’m not free to touch my self is it okay to not have any privacy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

There would have to be more evidence than that but if they are watching you using a bathroom that would be an offence.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What is voyeurisi
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay I just wanted to now that. Thanks also what prove would I need
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Some means by which they could watch you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thanks for your help today you made me to understand more than I did
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The service is okay
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.