How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37435
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Our house boiler needs replacing. We have no hot water or

Customer Question

Our house boiler needs replacing. We have no hot water or central heating. My wife, who is 87 is incapacitated and I am 89 yrs. old.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live at 23 Auld Brig View, Auldgirth, Dumfries, DG2 0XE, Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have had a maintenance engineer who says it is beyond repair.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Except we are very cold wieh no hot water eccept from a kettle.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 7 months ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Are you an owner or a tenant?