plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I need advice on social care...stopping a child arrangement

Customer Question

Hi I need advice on social care...stopping a child arrangement payment now 2 years are almost up, we wouldn’t be able to keep our grandchildren without the payments social are not replying to my calls or letter of appeal
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet that’s why I’m looking for advice it was a very badly handled case from the start
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Yes I do just not sure how or what to do
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A social worker told us we should be asking for a judicial review
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter, I'm a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Do you have a special guardianship order or a child arrangements order?

How much is the payment?

What reason have they given for the payment stopping, and when was this decision made?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello im mandy
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hi Mandy.

How much is the payment?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have a child arrangement at the time when they convinced me to give up my full time job to care for the children they said i wouldnt have to worry about money just reapply every 2 years now they are saying its stopping and thats it
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

OK. You should certainly consider a judicial review application in this case.

You would need a solicitor for this, but there is usually legal aid for the application.

You can search for a solicitor via the link here:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Some background information about judicial review is here:

https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the-judiciary/judicial-review/

I hope this helps?

Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hello - just checking you received my reply - can I assist further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No longer required
Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

OK, in this case please accept my answer to credit me for time. You can always come back to me if you have questions in the future. Kind regards.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Hello.

This is just a quick message to ask if you have time to provide a 5 star rating for me, as this will credit me for my time responding to your question.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Hello.

Thanks in advance.

Peter