UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I’m working for a limited company. I became Director 3

Customer Question

Hi, I’m working for a limited company. I became Director 3 months ago. The company owner has 100% shareholding and is also a Director, he started the business. Just recently it was discussed about Shareholding with myself and someone else, however we told the accountants we did not want to take on Shareholding until the current end of year accounts were produced. However the owner has gone ahead and just issued Share Certificates and added us as shareholders without our permission. We feel he may be hiding something and acting against ours and the companies best interests. Can he do this without our consent?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: united kingdom
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 9 days ago.

No, you cannot be made a shareholder unless you agree to it.

You should inform this person that you have not agreed to becoming a shareholder.

May I help further?