Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Is it legal for a holiday company to charge a waiver when

Customer Question

is it legal for a holiday company to charge a waiver when bookin a villa and then saying it is non refun
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: sorry,hit the wrong button,I booked a villa and was charged a £42 waiver against breakages which did,nt happen but later found out it was non refundable,something like purchasing an item from a shop but then not being able to take it with you
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: non,I probably have,nt a leg to stand on,it is villa plus policy to not refund the waiver according to their conditions,but it is not explained up front
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I always assumed waivers were refundable if nothing was broken,this seems like daylight robbery.If there is a charge for this service I will just let it go but its very annoying
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

Did they tell you it was non-refundable up front?