Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

L will like to know if a plea of not guilty can be changed

Customer Question

Hi, l will like to know if a plea of not guilty can be changed to guilty even after receiving a summoned letter from court
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: The offence is to come answer the following passengers used another card mandate for another person
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: Bus
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I received a summoned letter because l pleaded not guilty but at that time l wasn't clear of the offence
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Has it been set down for trial?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I received the summoned letter yesterday and dated 2/01/2020
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will like to know if its possible to change my plea to guilty because the pass was found on me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In other not to go to court and be found guilty there for using another person travel card
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm confused and need advice please

Yes, you can write and say you are guilty.

Or you can speak to the Organisation prosecuting you, see if you can do an out of call deal.

So yes you can change the plea or an out of court settlement.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What are the possible outcome of me pleading guilty

A financial penalty plus costs.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Penalty? Hope it won't be as in criminal record.lm scared because of the kind of job l do so as not to affect me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I work for the security organisation and CRB is always done and have never had any record before but this one was just a mistake

It will be unless you do a deal. It’s a criminal offence. That’s why you need to do an out of court settlement

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried contacting tfl but to no avail and all l received is a summoned letter because l pleading not guilty at first
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can l still change the plea as soon as possible
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Before the summoned date at the court

Yes you can.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.