Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I had two pcn from hackney council issued. i appealed the

Customer Question

i had two pcn from hackney council issued. i appealed the court. i won the case. in the mean time enforcement officer came to my flat. i informed bailiff i had already appealed the court, and waiting for the decision. the bailiff told me if i don't make the payments he would remove the furniture from my flat. once i won the case, i would be get my money back.i have two witnesses as well.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: well call the council to pay my money back. but they are not interested at all. i sent them email as well
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have spoken legal advice center
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Yes you will get your money back. Have you send the decision to the bailiff firm?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have made a contact with the bailiff firm. But I was told by them that I need to contact the council.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I already spoke to the council but they sad once you made the payment the case is closed.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I told them bailiff sad I can get my money back after winning the case
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request a refund within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello??????
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 days ago.

Cant you see my response above?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.