Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

My sister just recently passed away leaving a 16 year old

Customer Question

Hello! My sister just recently passed away leaving a 16 year old son alone in their rented accommodation. She has debts to the bank and rental agency. She has no will to my knowledge. Her only possession of any value is an old car. Would the bank or property lettings agency have any legal right to it?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: The property is in reasonably good condition
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Evidence for what?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What rights does her son have to remain in the property?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replying.

what do you mean remain in property? is this council or private?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It's a privately rented 2 bed house via a lettings agency.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He is attending college and is seeking help from social services to help him remain in the property rather than going into a youth hostel because he has a dog. Would he be entitled to universal credit including assistance with rental costs?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 days ago.

As a lot of this would appear to be benefit/financial assistance related, I feel this is outside my sphere of expertise and I am therefore going to opt out for another expert to consider.

The thread is now open to all experts.

Please do not reply as a matter of course or courtesy, as it means that the question thread comes back into my inbox.

An expert with the necessary expertise will reply when they are online.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?