Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Have received a parcel, an iPad stand advertised on

Customer Question

Have received a parcel, an iPad stand advertised on Facebook. As I opened the inner package I could see how shoddy the sewing was for the cover. Had expected a much firmer and better better finish. As I began to open the top of the package I saw what I thought was a loose thread. But when I touched “this thread”, which was black and shiny, it seemed to retract upon itself onto the fabric. There was a slight hole, caused I thought by the loose thread. But I think now it wasn’t a thread but the foot/ tendril/claw of an insect. The item was priced in dollars, I thought American, but it has come from China. How do I contact Trading Standards?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No, I think it’s a Trading Standards issue, I live in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Have just repackaged the package very firmly and put it back into its outer packet and secured
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just connect me . Is this a free discussion because nothing was indicated when I started
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

So is the seller also in China?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Don’t know, the place name definitely looks Chinese, could be Hong Kong(HK dollars?)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No, I have severe speech problems. I am not paying any more, I thought the £5 registered my interest in a FREE TRIAL after which I would pay
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

If you wanted to contact Trading Standards, then you have to do so through your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

You can do that in person by just going to visit them or you can also complete a form online, which you can find here:

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=general&to=flare.fromforms

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you