Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Assistant: How can I help? My final hearing in the financial

Customer Question

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My final hearing in the financial disclosure was adjourned on the day because the judge called in sick
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i wanted to know if I could ask for wasted costs
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And if so by whole
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok so all I need to know is where can I apply for the wasted costs
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

If the original court hearing was adjourned, you will receive notice of a new hearing in a few weeks from the court. There is nothing more that you need to do, although I would chase the court by phone in a month if you don't receive anything.

You cannot claim against the court for wasted costs; only the other party and that is if you are successful in your claim.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No it doesn’t as on the day the other judge who decided on the matter being adjourned advised us that we could apply for wasted costs, as it wasn’t our fault that the hearing was adjourned
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

You need to make enquiries with the court office then. I have never heard of an application for wasted costs against the court; only the party whose fault it was that the hearing was adjourned.