How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1262
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

Assistant: How can I help? My final hearing in the financial

Customer Question

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My final hearing in the financial disclosure was adjourned on the day because the judge called in sick
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i wanted to know if I could ask for wasted costs
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And if so by whole
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok so all I need to know is where can I apply for the wasted costs
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 7 months ago.

If the original court hearing was adjourned, you will receive notice of a new hearing in a few weeks from the court. There is nothing more that you need to do, although I would chase the court by phone in a month if you don't receive anything.

You cannot claim against the court for wasted costs; only the other party and that is if you are successful in your claim.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 7 months ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it doesn’t as on the day the other judge who decided on the matter being adjourned advised us that we could apply for wasted costs, as it wasn’t our fault that the hearing was adjourned
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 7 months ago.

You need to make enquiries with the court office then. I have never heard of an application for wasted costs against the court; only the party whose fault it was that the hearing was adjourned.