UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I used an image for a blog on my charity website a year ago.

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I used an image for a blog on my charity website a year ago. I have now been contacted by a company called resolve UK picrights that want me to pay 70.00. I admitted that I used the picture and explained I could not pay 70 all in one go and would like to pay something each month. They have refused. Also, I have tried calling them a few times and I can never speak to anyone and I notice they take a week to reply to emails, they never respond in a timely manner. Please can you advise what to do as they have given me until 28th to pay full balance thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed them
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

If you used their image without permission, that would amount to copyright infringement.

You may choose not to pay the £70 if you are unable to do so, it would then depend on them whether or not to take any court proceedings against you.

Unlikely they will do so for £70.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am willing to pay but I am on a low income and want to 10.00 a month. They refused and said I must pay the full amount at once. They are an agency acting on behalf of. Should I again offer the instalment? Thanks

You may then simply pay the £10. You cannot be forced to pay it all at once unless ordered by a court.

Please click on 5 stars