12826847

Pls, can I ask you a question, I have 24days holiday

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Pls, can I ask you a question, I have 24days holiday entitlement, but according to my employer I need to give them 28days notice before I can go on leave, but time is not on my side, bcos Holiday year is Jan-Dec.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I knew I'm Qualify for 28days annual leave but my employer has been playing around with me from the beginning the year. Yes, I discuss with HR on Monday, but they sent me an email rejecting my holiday again bcos they said is not up to 28days notice.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Early this year I requested for my holiday it was rejected, I was told I need to work for at least 3months, Some times in August I requested for another Holiday I was told they can not grant it bcos it's more than 8days, it was rejected, also in October, I was just been told on tuesday that I 24days Holiday. I spoke to my mAnager now he said, He will call me back
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

So how long have you actually worked there for and how many days annual leave do you have remaining?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do you think I must give 28days notice before my annual leave is granted?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

How long have you actually worked there for and how many days annual leave do you have remaining?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: