SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

A nurse made me feel extremely uncomfortable and I left the

Customer Question

Hi. So a nurse made me feel extremely uncomfortable and I left the hospital 1 day early when the other nurses said I’m free to stay another night if I don’t feel great. I left because that one nurse made me feel like she didn’t want to see me, help me even though I was in terrible pain. There were times I didn’t ask a nurse for help when I was in excruciating pain simply because she would give me attitude and tell me “tut” at me, sigh, or ask me “oh what do you want now?”
Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I ended up leaving
Assistant: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: oh
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: rhis is a robot can I speak to a lawyer please
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I am sorry to hear of the experience you had. There would not be a ground for claiming damages at law as I cannot see how you would quantify any loss or damages. However there are some cases where a remedy is not financial compensation but to have the hospital look into their staff's conduct and to assure you that it would not happen again. You should lodge a formal complaint to the hospital and they will be obliged to look into it for you and to give you their resolution which hopefully would be to take necessary action against the said nurse to ensure patients are not intimidate to the point of risking their own lives by self -discharging earlu just to be away from the hospital staff, I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best