SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

If a person under the asylum procedure decides not to accept

Customer Question

If a person under the asylum procedure decides not to accept the accommodation from the government because she/he find in the mean time accommodation free of cost . Will this affect she/he in any way ? As she/he dose not want to lose the asylum or to be affected in any way . Or will it be investigated in any way that will affect the acceptance of the asylum ?
Assistant: What steps has she taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does she live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: She is from Saudi Arabia . She lives in a hustle at the moment . And she is rescheduled to move . But she hasn't gave them an answer yet
Assistant: Has she talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: No . As she can not afford one .
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what will be the outcome of what I described above. That's all .
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. You can advise them that you have an offer for free accommodation and you will have to give them details of the accommodtion. The decision will not be affected by this. Ofcourse if you said you do not know anyone and you end up living with family which is in contact with any family in your home country and there appears to be no safety or security issues they will draw inferences. But the short answer is you are not forced to live in the accomodation they provide you. I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best