12826847

I was arrested two years ago for having a butterfly knife, I

Customer Question

Hello i was arrested two years ago for having a butterfly knife, I was given 2 months suppended sentence and 250 community hours with 20 rahdays. I was then arrested Two years ago after that incident for going equipped for burglary and was given £700 fine and 170 hours added on last year when I went to court. I have currently got 60+ hours left to do while still paying the fine off. I am now being taken back to court on the 10th December for two breaches, the reason for the breaches were that my partner was pregnant with our second child, she has virtigo which is very unpredictable and ended up having an episode on the day I had community service... due to the impact it had to her I couldn’t leave her alone to look after our one year old while she was pregnant and unable to get out of bed. The second breach was made because I was suppose to do a trial for a new job but got let down by a family member. Almi
Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the burglary charges?
Customer: no
Assistant: Where did the burglary occur?
Customer: There wasn’t actually a burglary I was just caught in a car with what they thought were equipment for a burglary
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the most possible out come from this court hearing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What is the most possibly out come of this court hearing on the 10th December?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As I’m worried
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

The short answer is that it depends upon what probation recommend but I think we both know that the starting point is that there will be revocation and resentence which will probably mean custody.

If this is the first breach then it might well be that probation are willing to allow the order to continue and the judge will just mark the breach by making the community order more onerous.

If it is an order in which there has been poor compliance throughout though then I afraid I would suggest that you take a bag with you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there anything that I can do to avoid prison
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Not before the 10th December. All you can really do is comply with any directions of your probation officer. But if you are allowed to stay on the order then it needs to be given priority over work commitments.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was also recently on police protection so recent court dates have been changed for the 10th. I have recently gone back to my home address as I didnt think I was at risk but now do due to seeing the person I was moved from near my home. I am now staying with family members out of Norwich so isn’t likely that I’ll be able to get to court
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

I would seriously get to court. otherwise you will be going to prison. Find a way to get there.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Even though I was on police protection? Does that not come into it as I’m concerned for my safety?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Not really.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Can I be honest?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
So what if I came back and something happened to me who’s fault would that be
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

The person who harmed you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It was threat to kill I have the letter from social services
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

yes, nobody is going to be interested in this.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Just get to court and take a bag or you will be picked up on a warrant with no hope of avoiding custody.